Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fear Me, December

Fear me, December. Your ominous aura is no match for my sunny disposition. You think you can ostracize me, but you are not as powerful as you think you are, and I am stronger than you believe me to be. You think you are in possession of the most powerful forces of them all, but you are sadly mistaken. I have a plethora of traits that are far superior than the measly, morbid things you bring to this figurative table.

Here is a little tip. Life is more powerful than death. Even as you try to weigh others down with the cold, the dark, and the bleakness of your being, trying to make us want death, even yearn for it, I am working my magic. Your malevolent ways don't stand a chance against mine. There is a little trick I like to use. It is called positivity. This quality is an interesting thing. It has the unique ability to help people endure all sorts of ordeals. It is one of the central forces driving us all to want, to need, to live.

I have been told ever since I was young that I have plenty of this positive spirit. I see other people sometimes who are not so lucky. So I share some of my spirit with them. Sometimes they are reluctant to accept it, but in time they will warm up to me. And that is something, December, that you can never provide. You are in no way synonymous with warmth, are you? You try to make up for that by invoking your wrath upon the innocent population. But I will not stand for this any longer.

At first things were okay. An occasional cold day, perhaps some chilly winds here or there. Sometimes there would even be snow. All of this I could handle. It only mildly interfered with my daily life. But then you crossed the line. You did the unthinkable. You took away the daylight.

Did you think I wouldn't notice? Or did you think I would simply relinquish my position all together? Listen, I may be positive, upbeat, joyful, and sometimes even giddy, but that does not mean I am a pushover. There is a reason I was given hair the color of a golden sunset, or eyes as blue as the sky, or a smile that brightens up the moods of hundreds of people every day. It is so I can improve the life of a poor soul who is feeling badly. And you, December, are trying to destroy all that I have worked so hard to achieve.

You want to cover up the sun and replace it with clouds. You want to cover up the green grass with an eternal blanket of white. But this I cannot allow. I will warn you one time only. If you do not cease these wicked deeds you are committing, I will not hold back. I will unleash all the good cheer and happiness that I hold within my lanky frame. So fear me, December. For I, Christopher Martin, have been brought into this world to give joy to others, and I am going to complete my assignment to the fullest.



THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment